Frederick Health Hospice's
Overdose Survivor Outreach Program
Frederick Health Hospice's Overdose Survivor Outreach Program is a
pilot program to provide
on-call support for families and friends after an overdose death.
Frederick Health Hospice's bereavement counselor is available to:
- Respond on call to a fatal overdose upon police or first responder request
- Follow up with the family to coordinate support and resources
- Provide referrals to peer support, and treatment, recovery, and/or harm
- Collaborate with the Health Department's peer recovery support team
- Lead a weekly Overdose Grief Support Group
- Provide one-on-one counseling for up to 8 sessions
- Connect mothers bereaved by overdose to the SOUL - "Moms helping moms"
- support program
To learn more, contact Kaili Van Waveren Cell: